Question

Convert AutoCAD arc to line with dynamic vertices based on angle and length of arc

Badge

Using a GIS system that doe not like import of curves. Using multi-vertex line, but wondering if anyone has idea how to make more dynamic based on arc angle and length to reduce block look of curved line in the GIS. Not sure if best to use multiplier (angle * length) then factor to provide reasonable distance between vertices. Aware that shorter length but greater angle will probably require closer vertices than longer length and less angle combination. Just not sure how to quantify this.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @htl,

Please use the ArcStroker transformer to explicitly stroke your arcs before writing to the GIS. The Stroke By: Maximum Deviation setting allows you to set the maximum distance between the stroke vertex and the original arc, which will use more vertices for larger arcs and less for smaller ones.

Badge

I have some architectural plans I am importing into my GIS this afternoon and will give this a try. Thanks

Badge

I have some architectural drawings I will be importing into my GIS this afternoon and will give this a try. Thanks.