Solved

Change Detector - Attribute Matching Strategy

• 30 April 2013
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am using the Change Detector transformer and had planned on using the Match all Except Selected Attributes parameter for the Attribute Matching Strategy since my list of excluded fields is shorter than the list of included fields.  I'm wondering if this parameter is working as it should?  Everything appears to have changed when I used this parameter (which is not correct).  However, when I reverse it and use the Match Selected Attributes (and select all the appropriate fields), it works as expected.

I can use the transformer the way that I have it working but I was wondering if I am missing something?

Thanks,

fiona

P.S. I'm using FME 2013 Build 13264 WIN 32 with SDE 10.1 data (from SQL Server).
icon

Best answer by takashi 1 May 2013, 05:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Fiona,

'All Except Selected Attributes' seems to include Format Attributes (e.g. fme_feature_type etc.) unless you specified explicitly them as 'Selected Attributes'.

Check whether format attributes of ORIGINAL feature are same as RIVISED feature's.

Takashi
Badge +7
@fionae @takashi I've found that this happens with the Matcher as well (comparing Feature Classes in two different FGDBs). If I select "Match All Except Selected Attributes", everything comes out of the NotMatched port. However if I reverse it to "Match Selected Attributes", then it works as expected.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @tim_wood The ChangeDetector and Matcher are working correctly. Unexposed attributes are included with "Match All Except Selected Attributes". Use an AttributeExposer before or else "Match Selected Attributes" in the Matcher.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@fmelizard can you please explain how using an AttributeExposer would get the desired result?

I would like to use "Match All Except Selected Attributes" in ChangeDetector but not have it compare the format attributes.

I want to do it this way because I have multiple data sets I plan to run through the same workbench but their tables are slightly different. They all have the same fields I wish to exclude from comparison. I can’t list the attributes to compare for each table as that list will be different depending on the source that I am running through the workbench so "Match Selected Attributes" won’t work.