Question

Rotation of 3D Object when writing to KML

• 10 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello again, apologies for the questions, i am fairly new to FME and this one is baffling me. To me, this is a fundamental question, but through much research, I haven't found a solution as yet.

I try to research before I post in forums.

IS there any way to write a bearing of my 3D Object on writing out to KML ?

rotationMaybe I should rephrase this as I CAN actually rotate the object.

What I would like to do as an option, is somehow have this parameter/attribute in the KML file so that when you click on the properties of the KML, you can input the Angle/HEading/Bearing at this point.

The ultimate goal would be to get all bearings from a CSV / External Data source, along with the model type to be used, and on writing to KML would have the correct model at the correct bearing. This is a big one actually and fundamental to a particular use case I'm looking at.

RadiationZone

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @chuttonx​, I just wanted to ask a few things before moving forward with any suggestions. 

• Are you trying to use the bearings from a CSV/External Data source to set the rotation of a specific 3D Object in the KML file? 
  • If it is for a specific 3D Object, does the 3D Object have an ID or name that could be used for matching bearing values with the correct object?
  • Additionally, if you're comfortable, would you be able to share you workspace & a sample dataset here?
Badge +20

If you want to use the bearing in your workspace it's as simple as using it as an attribute in Rotator->Rotation Angle (through arithmetic editor).