Question

How do I extract attachments from an ArcGIS online feature service?

• 12 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I know this has been asked a few years ago but is there a straight forward way to extract attachments from an ArcGIS online feature service?

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi @liskett162​ ,

To read attachments from an ArcGIS Online Feature Service, there is a reader feature type parameter "Include Attachments" which you set to "yes" (by default this setting is set to No):

AGOL_Attachment 

And then you will want to expose the arcgisonline_attachment{} format attributes:

AGOL_attributes 

The arcgisonline_attachment{}.data attribute holds the raster data which you could then use the RasterReplacer to recreate the image.

Hope this helps!

-Andrea

Badge +8

Hi @andreaatsafe​ ,

I don't seem to find the include attachments parameter for the ArcGIS Online Feature Service using a feature reader.

Any ideas?

PD.- I am using FME 2022.2.4 Build 22792

Br,

Felipe Verdú

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Hi @andreaatsafe​ ,

I don't seem to find the include attachments parameter for the ArcGIS Online Feature Service using a feature reader.

Any ideas?

PD.- I am using FME 2022.2.4 Build 22792

Br,

Felipe Verdú

I have not checked this in 2022, but in 2021 this option only exists in the classic reader, not in the FeatureReader.

Badge +10

I have not checked this in 2022, but in 2021 this option only exists in the classic reader, not in the FeatureReader.

Correct @nielsgerrits​. I just put in a case for the Include Attachment parameter to be visible in the FeatureReader. On the flip side, for Portal, the classic reader does not have Resolve Domains parameter that is visible in the FeatureReader.

UX & parameters for the FeatureReader is complex but there must be some certain amount of parity on the important ones.