Question

Esri Reprojection Engine in FME

• 8 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Can anybody advise on how to resolve the following error while running FME workspace

"License does not permit use of ESRI Reprojection Engine, or it could not be loaded"

3 replies

Badge +16

Maybe this can help:

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2016.1/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/CoordSys/Reprojection_Engine.htm?Highlight=ESRI Reprojection Engine

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I doubt it means the FME license - although perhaps you can let us know which edition of FME you have.

The most common issue I found for this message was trying to use 64-bit FME. I understand that only 32-bit FME is compatible with this. Otherwise, you need to have ArcGIS installed and licensed so check that it is installed properly and has a license available for FME to use.

Badge

I doubt it means the FME license - although perhaps you can let us know which edition of FME you have.

The most common issue I found for this message was trying to use 64-bit FME. I understand that only 32-bit FME is compatible with this. Otherwise, you need to have ArcGIS installed and licensed so check that it is installed properly and has a license available for FME to use.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your Reply!

The FME version we have is 2016.1.2.1

ArcGIS desktop is installed in the same server and licensed.

Is there a specific ArcGIS license/plugin I should look for?