Skip to main content

Views on recent FME price changes

• 13 August 2024
  • 0 replies

I’m not sure if this is the right forum or category (I couldn’t select “general”), but as I’m sure you’re aware, Safe recently changed it’s pricing for FME, which includes annual maintenance pricing. We are a small consultancy business, long term Safe customer (10+ years) and have been FME advocates amongst our customers for many years. We have just received details of pricing for our annual maintenance in 2025 and for FME Form (previously FME Desktop Professional) for us this has increased by approximately 600%.The new maintenance price for FME Form is going to make it a lot more difficult to justify for a small business like ourselves.

We were also previously lookng to expand our FME use by purchasing Flow, but the new pricing has also forced us to cancel those plans.

We will also find it difficult to recommend FME to our customers, especially smaller ones, as the bar to entry in terms of pricing has been set so high.

I have previously raised the issue of pricing with our reseller in the UK and with Safe directly, but as yet have received no response from Safe.

I’m just wondering how many other current Safe customers currently have or forsee issues with the new pricing structure and increased maintenance costs? Will this force you to consider alternatives?

Be the first to reply!