Skip to main content
Solved

trigger mail when my workbench face error in fme forms?

• 19 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi All, 

I would like to know that

is there any possible way to trigger mail while running my workbench in FME Desktop/ Forms if it is facing a error?.

FYI : I am using FME Desktop 2020.1.1 version.

Thanks in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

there is an email sender transformer but i never had any luck in setting it up with my companies policies :/

Badge +41

Your question is a bit broad, but in general yes.

Using the Emailer transformer it is possible to send an email initiated by a feature. So if you build in some testers (make sure to limit the input to the emailer to prevent a mailbomb) this is doable. This might only work well if the Rejected Feature Handling in the Navigator window is set to Continue Translation, else the process is terminated before the Emailer has worked.

The LogMessageStreamer can be used to pick up specific errors from the logs, which can serve as input for the emailer.

If you want to know if a complete run fails, you’ll need to start the workspace using a WorkspaceRunner, it is then possible to use the Failed outputport to initiate the Emailer.

Badge +41

there is an email sender transformer but i never had any luck in setting it up with my companies policies :/

This can be a pain yes, but since recently it is possible to use office365 mail connection, so if you are able to fix the azure app approval with IT, you’re good to go.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

This can be a pain yes, but since recently it is possible to use office365 mail connection, so if you are able to fix the azure app approval with IT, you’re good to go.

Was an ongoing battle but i got it working on FME Server, which meets my needs :)

Badge +41

Was an ongoing battle but i got it working on FME Server, which meets my needs :)

I’m blessed with a team member who sees massaging IT to admit to our needs as his mission to make the world a bit better. If I had to do that myself I would probably change profession.

Badge +5

Hello @andrewj74 and @nielsgerrits ,

Thank you for your response!

@andrewj74  I just want to take a chance if FME can do. 

@nielsgerrits  Yup. My question is bit wide. However you let me know ways and challenge of implementing 😅. 

I wished there would be Try and Catch option like programming 😅 but “WorkspaceRunner” is very informative i will check over it.