Solved

How do you specify a Notification Writer when publishing an FME workspace via the FME REST API?

• 26 November 2014
  • 1 reply

My workspace is run as a result of a directory watcher publication event. The event helpfully passes the JSON message about the location of the new file. I have the DirectoryWatcher reader in my workspace to read the JSON message.

When I publish to our FME Server 2014 using the wizard, I am able to specify which reader should be used to read in the notification event: this is on the Register Services screen, on the Notification Service line, clicking Edit..., there I can specify the Notification Reader. Similarly, I can specify the writer that will be used for the publish event (i.e. the Notification Writer).

In order to do automated deployment, I am using the FME Server REST API (v2). I am able to publish a workspace sucessfully using the API, as well as create topics and manage subscriptions. However, I cannot find a way of specifying which reader/writer should be used for receiving/sending the notification event message.

Is it possible to specify the Notification Reader or Notification Writer using the FME REST API?
icon

Best answer by sigtill 19 January 2015, 20:56

View original

1 reply

Badge +21
To register a service, can you use the:

**/fmerest/v2/apidoc/#!/repositories/postRegisteredServices_post_51

Ie 

http://yourfmeserver/fmerest/v2/repositories/Samples/items/austinDownload.fmw/services?detail=low

And with the BODY:

services=myservice1&services=myservice2