Question

"FME Desktop Database Edition - Fixed" deleted

• 4 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, we had "FME Desktop Database Edition - Fixed" installed on a linux server. Somehow the application has been removed/deleted from the server and we can't launch FME app:
 1- If we have to reinstall it, do we need to uninstall first?
 2- How do i download "FME Desktop Database Edition - Fixed" for Red Hat linux (release 8.9 (Ootpa)) from https://engage.safe.com/support/downloads ? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

If the application is apparently removed there would be little point in uninstalling I guess. 

It appears Red Hat 8 support is no longer offered in FME 2024, but 2023.x did support it, you can download past version here 

Badge +1

Thank you!
I downloaded the below file under FME 2022.2.8.0 which’s a higher version (2021)  of the one we had and disappeared on us. We still have the workspaces that safe.com built for us when we purchased the 2021 version, just wondering if those WS’s would still work with the 2022 version?

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Yes, they should work. Newer versions of FME still contain the code necessary to run workspaces made in older versions. Assuming your maintenance is valid you should have no problem licensing that newer version either.

However, since you mention that Safe built some workspaces for you -and- you referred to "FME Desktop Database Edition - Fixed" in your original post I am wondering if maybe Safe did something special for you. If that’s the case I would first give it a try (there is a big chance it will simply just work) and if you see anything unexpected get in touch with your contact at Safe to see if they can help you.