Question

FME 2013 Startup question and suggest

• 21 January 2013
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi,

FME 2013 may connect to amazon AWS cloud service to update some data like FME Store or something else. And I donn't know if the reason is Chinese network, just like we always cann't browse Youtube, Twitter, etc, and have problems to use any Google services from time to time. I have to spend a few minutes to startup FME 2013 for some times. But if I disable my network or use firewall to block FME to connect WWW, it gets normal.

So would this problem be fixed by doing some modified to the stage of connecting web? Thanks.

4 replies

Badge +21
I asked a similar question on twitter, and yes - it is the FME trying to contact the FME Store and it takes 2 minutes before it times-out. I`m sure they will fix this when they get more feedback like this. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hello all, sorry about this one. I personally am still trying to find out why this started just before we released (after being fine in the betas for the previous 15 months!), but I can also advise that we've made an adjustment to FME and a new build that addresses this should be online later today.  We'll post here and on Twitter when it is.

And we'll adjust our test plans for next release as well...sorry for the inconvenience.
Badge
Yes, I find new build 13262 on FTP.

Workbench: Fixed problem where workbench was slow to start up while  fetching the FME Store catalog (C67215 PR#42517 PR#43107) 

Thanks SAFE for fixing so quick.
Badge +21
Even though this is a minor issue, I am happy to see that the fix arrives so quickly! Very good!