Question

Connecting to SAP Odata API via SAP Integration Suite

Badge +8

Hi Everyone,

We are working on an integration between ArcGIS Utility Network and SAp using FME to connect with SAP via their Odata services and Integration Suite.

We have successfully used Get calls from FME desktop to fetch a token and get information about an asset.

When we switch using a POST call to create a new asset we get a response error of  “HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden” and response body “CSRF token validation failed”

The calls we are using have been successful from postman through integration suite.

I have attached the workbench containing the current settings and the latest log file.

Any insight i why this would work for GET calls and not for POST calls

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Not sure, but Content Type is set to Text (text/plain) while the body is JSON. What happens if you change it to JSON (application/json)?

Badge +8

Hi @nielsgerrits, you are correct that is incorrect in this version of the fmw, we have run it with json specified with the same result. It doesn’t appear to getting that far as the process is rejecting the token that was created in the previous HTTPCaller.

I should note that we are using basic Auth, i have just removed those credentials for security purposes

Badge +8

Aha, we had a ein this morning, my Dev workout that we needed to save the cookies to keep the session open and the token valid. It appears the odata service use a combination of the cookies and the token to authenticate.