Question

ArcGISOnline Feature Reader doesn't update attributes when changes made to feature layer

• 2 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have made the same project for 3 years the same way and I’m running into an issue now. I’m using the AGOL Feature Service Reader to read a feature layer that’s hosted on AGOL.

I’m attempting to read the attribute table and filter/edit some data from the different features using tester and attributemanager, the goal is to eventually write the data out to excel spreadsheets. 

The problem is that it doesn’t have any of the updates made were made on ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Pro. I have inspectors that are editing the feature layer and myself with ArcGIS Pro via Portal. I can see the changes made online and in ArcGIS Pro when I view the attribute tables, however when I read the data in FME it only has the original state when the data was first uploaded to AGOL. 

I have made sure that editing is enabled in the Settings of the Feature Layer. I’ve attempted to re-authenticate my AGOL credentials within FME and I’ve reviewed the source data path multiple times to make sure it’s grabbing the correct data source. I’ve looked at the other forum posts on here but can’t find the same issue/solution. I’m currently using FME 2023.0.1.0 on Windows 10 64-bit.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @xaviermark, one method that can sometimes resolve unknown issues such as these is to create a brand new workspace and recreate the workspace from scratch. This will refresh the workspace and ensure that nothing bad is lingering from an older workspace you may have had for the last 3 years.

As a simple test before recreating the whole workspace you could create a blank workspace and then add a new ArcGIS Online Reader to it and see if it’s able to read in the new updates in your ArcGIS Online Feature Reader.

Let me know what results you get after testing out a fresh workspace. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, would you be able to share a copy of your workspace with us? If you don’t want to share your data publicly you can upload your workspace to our Safe Software FTP site

Badge +2

Thanks @danminneyatsaf 

Yes, I’ve tried to recreate the whole workspace multiple times, even after restarting my computer. 

I will share a copy of the workspace to the Safe Software site, thanks.