F.A.Q.

Safe Account FAQ

• 5 February 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

With your Safe account, you can log into the FME Flow Hosted, FME Community, Support (as a current customer), FME Academy, FME Hub, and potential new services in the future. To make changes to your Safe account, such as personal information, username, email, password, and avatar, visit account.safe.com and log in with your usual method. 

Please have no-reply@account.safe.com whitelisted prior to making any account changes. 

I am changing companies. How can change I change my email?

Prior to changing companies, log into your Safe account, then under Sign-In & Security on the left-hand side, click on the pencil icon next to Email. 

Update your email to an email address you have access to. If you are in-between companies, we recommend temporarily switching the account to your personal email to keep access. After entering your new email, click the green checkmark to confirm. 

Check the newly added email account for a confirmation email. In the confirmation email, click “Confirm my email”. 

I cannot access my old email account

If you no longer have access to the email address associated with your Safe Account or your second factor for authentication, you can request assistance to access your account by emailing accountrecovery(at)safe(.)comAll account recovery requests are subject to review. In some cases, recovery may not be possible. 

You will be asked to provide certain pieces of information to verify that you are the owner of the Safe Account. Please review the required information in the Contact Us for Assistance with Recovery section of the Safe Account Recovery Policy

Please be sure to keep your account updated with a current email address. For information on how to change your account’s email, see I am changing companies. How can change I change my email?

I forgot my Safe account password

To change your password, go to the login screen or visit the account management page, then click on “Don’t remember your password?”

Enter your email associated with the account, then within 5 minutes, check your email for a password reset link. 

How do I change my Safe account password?

Log into your Safe account and under Sign-In & Security on the left-hand side, click on Reset Password. 

Navigate to the email associated with the account and follow the instructions in the email. 

Can I enable two-factor authentication (2FA/MFA)?

Yes! Log into your account, then under Sign-In & Security on the left-hand side, enable Authenticator App. From there, read through the instructions in the popup dialog, then click Configure 2-Step Authentication. 

On the next screen, scan the QR code with your phone using Google Authenticator or a similar app, then enter the verification code from your app. 

Can I change my username? 

Yes! Log into your account, then under Personal Information on the left-hand side, click on the pencil icon next to Username.

Enter a new username and then click the green checkmark; if the green checkmark is not available, the username does not meet the requirements or the username has already been taken. 

Can I change my personal information or avatar? 

Yes! Log into your account, then under Personal Information on the left-hand side, change any personal information or upload a new avatar. After making changes click Save. 

This information is shown on your public profile in the FME Community, FME Academy, FME Hub, and FME Flow Hosted.

Can I delete my account? 

Yes, please contact Support and create a case. If you would like all of your personal information deleted as well, please include that in the case notes. For more information, see our Privacy Policy

Need more help or have questions?

If you still have questions or are experiencing issues with your Safe account, please create a Support Case. If you cannot log into the FME Help Center to create a case, please contact us at accountrecovery(at)safe(.)com

This post has been closed for comments