Welcome to the FME Community, a vibrant and resourceful online community dedicated to users and enthusiasts of FME by Safe Software. The FME Community is where you can ask questions about FME, find out about the latest FME releases, see upcoming events, and suggest new ideas to enhance FME. For an in-depth look at the FME Community, please see What is the FME Community?
FME Community Purpose
We gather together persons with an interest in FME and how it can be applied,
To allow them to work, learn, network, and socialize together, in a friendly, fun, and collaborative space,
So that all members can advance their personal goals while sharing and building up the wisdom of the community.
FME Community Values
For more information on the FME Community Purpose and Values, please see the FME Community Statement of Values.
Code of Conduct
Aligned with the Safe Software’s Code of Conduct, the FME Community also emphasizes several key aspects:
- Embracing Diversity and Inclusivity: Recognize and respect the diversity of humanity in our interactions. Be mindful of the impact that our words can have on others, both directly and indirectly.
- Welcoming All Skill Levels: Create a welcoming environment for users regardless of their knowledge level. The FME Community is a place for sharing and learning from each other, embracing users of all expertise and experience.
- Mindful Language in Forums: Be aware of the evolving nature of language and its social implications. Some terms historically used may no longer be suitable due to changes in social awareness. For example:
- Replace "master/slave" processes with terms like "parent/child" or "primary/secondary".
- Use "allowed list" or "unblocked list" instead of "whitelisted", and "deny list" or "blocked list" instead of "blacklisted".
- Avoiding Offensive Language: Steer clear of language and topics that might be offensive, exclusionary, or derogatory. This includes content that can be perceived as racist, sexist, heterosexist, or demeaning towards any age, ability, or religious belief.
Wondering what you can post here on the FME Community? Here are some ideas:
- How-to questions
- Can “this” be done in FME? Can I tackle my project using FME?
- Are you getting unexpected results?
- Interpreting an error
- Installation, licensing, security, etc.
- Share your favorite FME tips & tricks
- Enhancement ideas and suggestions on how to make FME even better can be posted on our dedicated Ideas Forum
- Introduce yourself and connect with other FME users
- ...or simply tell us about your FME Story
Anything related to the FME Platform, Safe Software, or data integration is allowed in the FME Community. If you have encountered a bug, or a technical issue, or are unable to open the product, please Contact Support. See the Support Policy for more information on what is covered by Safe Software support.
Regardless of where you are on your journey with FME, we would love to hear from you! You have a fantastic Community of FME users at your disposal 24/7, who generously help with their expertise and experience. We at Safe Software are also in there helping out where we can.
However, there are some guidelines to abide by:
- Content Relevance:
- Focus discussions on topics related to the FME Platform, Safe Software, and data integration.
- When seeking assistance, mention your FME version and provide ample details. Feel free to enhance your query with screenshots, data samples, and workspaces. For more information, see Asking and Answering Questions.
- Refrain from posting spam, engaging in self-promotion, or conducting sales in the Forums. However, you are welcome to share FME-related events in our designated Events section or include a link to your website in your profile.
- Intellectual Property Considerations:
- Utilization of Artificial Intelligence:
- While we embrace Artificial Intelligence (AI) here at Safe Software, we value the human connection in our community. Given that AI is not extensively trained in FME specifics, we discourage the use of AI to ask and answer questions in the FME Community. Nonetheless, we acknowledge the usefulness of AI in text translation for our predominantly English-speaking community. Please exercise caution with translation tools, as they may not always accurately convey FME-specific technicalities.
- Privacy and Safety
Private messages is how you will be notified of badges, replies and other FME Community interactions. Private messaging is open for communitication with other FME users; please abide by the Safe Software Code of Conduct and FME Community Guidelines in this space as well.
In addition, it is important to remain vigilant in this space as it is unmoderated.
- Do not share personal information or emails unless you trust the person
- Partners should have their company name in their profile, if unsure please review our Partner Locator
- Safe Software employees will never ask for passwords or personal information in private messages
- To contact Safe Software Support, please create a Support Case.
- Technical support will not be offered from Safe Software via private messages.
- Support interactions will occur in the public forums or via a support case.
The FME Community is moderated by Safe Software. The role of moderators is to ensure that the posts abide by the community guidelines. In some cases, a simple edit to the post will be made by the moderator to resolve an issue. However, posts will be removed without warning if the moderator deems the post inappropriate for the FME Community, based on the above guidelines.
In cases where the conversation in the post has gone off-topic, the moderator reserves the right to lock the post from further comments. This measure helps maintain the focus and relevance of our community discussions, ensuring a productive and respectful environment for all members.
Community members can also help to moderate posts by using the Report button on any posts they feel violate the FME Community Guidelines. If the Report option is not available, please create a Support Case.
Our community is available to be viewed by anyone to assist in quickly solving similar FME-related questions. However, an FME Community account is required to post, comment, and vote in the FME Community. Your FME Community account is also connected to the FME Academy, where you can access free training. Additionally, your account enables you to submit technical support requests and track ongoing cases. For more information on Safe Software Accounts, see Safe Account FAQ.