Question

Urgent: OnlineSharePoint Connector no longer working since upgrading to 2023.0.0.3 from latest 2022 build.

• 19 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

Hello "Safers"

Actually the graph.microsoft.com API seems "broken" (SSL Issue).

I can re-authenticate all of my current Web Connections as well as successfully testing the "Managed Services"

Not sure what has changed here.

FME Server has been configured to use HTTPS, as usual, making use of our enterprise cert. The certificate is fine.

Everything was working as intended prior to the upgrade.

Error message:

`SharepointOnlineConnector: Could not connect to server. Check that you are connected to the internet and that no firewall is blocking outbound connections. The error was 'HTTPSConnectionPool(host='graph.microsoft.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1.0/sites/molevalleydc.sharepoint.com,3824d824-4277-4293-8bf0-37e0242f40e6,6473e0ea-d0df-4cb7-8269-1cbb5e31d620 (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1002)')))''

Thanks

Sameer

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi @sameer​, SharePoint connections using the graph API are working in FME 2023.

You mention an FME Server certificate, but the screenshots are from FME Form (formerly Desktop). The error indicates the SSL certificate of the site you are trying to connect to has expired. Try visiting the SharePoint site in your browser and see if you receive a security error from the browser. You could also try not verifying SSL certificates in your connection, as a test.

Badge +10

Hi @mattmatsafe​ 

Regarding the certificate, I was referring to the PFX used by FME Server for usual HTTPS Configuration. I thought that was being utilised. Sorry for misleading.

The SharePoint Teams sites are fine or anything related to our tenant.

This issue occurred after the upgrade was carried out.

I've gone through most online "documentation" thoroughly just in case something has changed.

Please note the following typo error using the link below

https://community.safe.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-Sharepoint-Web-Connection-for-FME-Form-Single-tenant#SharePointListReaderandWriter

I believe the "=" sign is missing in Step 9

imageI've now made some progress and getting the following error instead

I then decided to use Fiddler Classic to intercept traffic and to my surprise, when Fiddler is running, connection is made and I'm able to populate the list as shown below.

imageMaybe something needs adding in the HTTP Web Request such setting "Keep-Alive" to true so the connection-pool is maintained. Just speculating.

Badge +7

Hi @mattmatsafe​ 

Regarding the certificate, I was referring to the PFX used by FME Server for usual HTTPS Configuration. I thought that was being utilised. Sorry for misleading.

The SharePoint Teams sites are fine or anything related to our tenant.

This issue occurred after the upgrade was carried out.

I've gone through most online "documentation" thoroughly just in case something has changed.

Please note the following typo error using the link below

https://community.safe.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-Sharepoint-Web-Connection-for-FME-Form-Single-tenant#SharePointListReaderandWriter

I believe the "=" sign is missing in Step 9

imageI've now made some progress and getting the following error instead

I then decided to use Fiddler Classic to intercept traffic and to my surprise, when Fiddler is running, connection is made and I'm able to populate the list as shown below.

imageMaybe something needs adding in the HTTP Web Request such setting "Keep-Alive" to true so the connection-pool is maintained. Just speculating.

Hi @sameer​, thank you for pointing out the missing = sign in the article! That has been corrected. That is quite strange. It looks like you may be behind a proxy? At this point, I'd suggest submitting a case so someone in support can take a closer look.

Badge +10

Hi @sameer​, thank you for pointing out the missing = sign in the article! That has been corrected. That is quite strange. It looks like you may be behind a proxy? At this point, I'd suggest submitting a case so someone in support can take a closer look.

Hi @mattmatsafe​ , thanks for the prompt response.

In regards to Proxy, our firewall shows the graph API talking out. My server can talk out to anything and does not make use of a proxy server.

I will submit a case as suggested.