Solved

Projetcs: Migrating roles and users

• 7 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I need to migrate roles and the users linked to it.

Does FME Flow automaticaly include the users if I add the role or do I have to import them seperately?

icon

Best answer by egge 8 June 2023, 15:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

I would guess (from what I read here: Projects (safe.com) ), that you have to add both the roles and the users to the project you want to migrate to another instance of FME Server Flow.

You could see it like this: a user is not 'linked', as such, to a certain role, but rather this role has been assigned to a particular user. I would be surprised, I think, to see all kinds of users to be migrated with a project when I only added a certain role to it. Is this assumption right?

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

@egge​ is correct, including a role in a project does not automatically include the users.

I would guess (from what I read here: Projects (safe.com) ), that you have to add both the roles and the users to the project you want to migrate to another instance of FME Server Flow.

You could see it like this: a user is not 'linked', as such, to a certain role, but rather this role has been assigned to a particular user. I would be surprised, I think, to see all kinds of users to be migrated with a project when I only added a certain role to it. Is this assumption right?

Bedankt @egge​ !

I will bare that in mind !