Skip to main content

I am loading a large workbench to my FME server, both version 2018, and I receive the following error message: Publish failed - FME Server encountered an error and reported the following message.

Could not read FME Server response message. Connection may have been lost.An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Request to http://stpfme/fmerest/v3/repositories/Socrata/items returned status code 503.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Hi @stewelsie

Are you publishing to FME Server from the same version of workbench that your FME Server is?

Also, is much else happening on your server at this time?

It might be worth checking out the log files, you could check the tomcat logs and the fmeserver and fme server process monitor.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/55437/fme-server-troubleshooting-log-files.html

Other things to think about:

- is it always this workspace that errors when you publish (have you tried any others?)

- If you try again straight away, does the same error happen?

@stewelsie,

Also, curious...

You mentioned "large workbench". Could you expand on that? What is the file size? It sounds like only this workbench experiences this error.

Does the Server all other workspaces to be published after this error occurs?

And as Jen mentioned the tomcat logs should help identify where the issue occurred.

@stewelsie,

Also, curious...

You mentioned "large workbench". Could you expand on that? What is the file size? It sounds like only this workbench experiences this error.

Does the Server all other workspaces to be published after this error occurs?

And as Jen mentioned the tomcat logs should help identify where the issue occurred.

The workbench is 510 MB. Yes this is by far my largest workbench and the only one I have experienced this issue.

Hi @stewelsie

Are you publishing to FME Server from the same version of workbench that your FME Server is?

Also, is much else happening on your server at this time?

It might be worth checking out the log files, you could check the tomcat logs and the fmeserver and fme server process monitor.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/55437/fme-server-troubleshooting-log-files.html

Other things to think about:

- is it always this workspace that errors when you publish (have you tried any others?)

- If you try again straight away, does the same error happen?
Yes both the desktop and the server are 2018 versions. Yes I have several workbenches that are automated and running on a daily basis.

It is only this workspace that has this error. And yes the error happens even if I try again right after or even if I restart the desktop version and try again.

@stewelsie , I think we may need to connect with you on a call. In the meantime, please send the Tomcat logs, and FME Server logs for the time period that you last tried publishing.

Let us know If you are interested in having a call to investigate and when you are available (Date, approx Time and Timezone).