Skip to main content

I have created an FME app to run a workbench on the server. From documentation, it looks like anyone with the link to the app can run this workbench. Is there a way to restrict access?

I guess that is exactly the reason for creating a FME Server App...unauthorized access.

If you want to restrict a user to a specific workspace, you will need to create a user and grant the corresponding permissions, this new user can then log into FME Server and run the workspace.

I guess that is exactly the reason for creating a FME Server App...unauthorized access.

If you want to restrict a user to a specific workspace, you will need to create a user and grant the corresponding permissions, this new user can then log into FME Server and run the workspace.

Like @itay says: this is what the FME Server Apps are for... making it easier to access workspaces without having to log in to the FME Server interface. So, since the app will work for everybody who has the link you can obviously control who you give the link to. If you want to prevent that link being passed on to unauthorized users I guess not using a server app but instead create user accounts would be the way to do it.