Question

How to move location of job log files ?

• 5 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi all.

Running 2022.2.6 on Windows.

My server is stacked with a 100 Gb C drive, and a 200 Gb E drive.

I would like to move the location where FME server stores the job log files from C to E, and have therefore edited the file "C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\config\\logger\\engine\\messagelogger.properties", changing the location in LOG_FILE_PATH to a path on the E drive.

But after restarting FME server, it still writes the job log files to the old default location on the C drive !!!

Is the logger property even used ?

Cheers.

Lars

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello @Lars I Nielsen​ ,

We do not recommend editing the configuration files to change the location of the log files (or system share). This location is set at installation, referenced across multiple configuration files, and requires a reinstall to change it. See  "Can I set a custom log file location?". I'd recommend reverting any changes made to the original configuration files in order to avoid potential issues down the road.

Instead of reinstalling FME Server, you could consider setting up an automated workflow to move/copy the log files to another location.

Hope that helps! Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hello @sanaeatsafe​ 

If there is LOG_FILE_PATH setting in a configuration file, why isn't it used? Does FME server not read its configuration files upon startup, or are there multiple places this setting is defined (and ignored?) ?

Is the location of job logs files always bound to be in the ressources folder hierarchy ?

Cheers.