Question

FME Flow and KeyCloak

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello, we would like to authenticate FME Flow users via „KeyCloak“ application. 

Our idea is that FME Flow would somehow be connected to the KeyCloak application. The moment a user wants to log in to FME Flow, he would be redirected to KeyCloak, authenticated. KeyCloak passes the information back to the FME Flow application, and user will be logged in. Do you have any experience with FME Flow-KeyCloak collaboration?

Keycloak supports protocols OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0 and SAML 2.0.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello @rudacsmap​ 

You should be able to configure FME Flow to use Keycloak with SAML 2.0. To do this:

• Create an app on the Keycloak with SAML 2.0 as the protocol
  • Provide the app with the two URLs that we have on FME Flow Web UI- Entity ID (Audience URI) and Single Sign On URL (ACS URL)
  • All other Keycloak settings can be whatever the customer would prefer
  • Make sure that the users/groups on Keycloak that they would like to import are assigned to this app
  • Upload the metadata file from the Keycloak side to the FME SAML settings webpage

Here's a link to some more detailed instructions on how to configure SAML 2.0 in FME Flow: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Flow/WebUI/SAML-Configuration.htm

Let me know if you've got any related questions!

-Tim

Badge +1

Hello @rudacsmap​ 

You should be able to configure FME Flow to use Keycloak with SAML 2.0. To do this:

• Create an app on the Keycloak with SAML 2.0 as the protocol
  • Provide the app with the two URLs that we have on FME Flow Web UI- Entity ID (Audience URI) and Single Sign On URL (ACS URL)
  • All other Keycloak settings can be whatever the customer would prefer
  • Make sure that the users/groups on Keycloak that they would like to import are assigned to this app
  • Upload the metadata file from the Keycloak side to the FME SAML settings webpage

Here's a link to some more detailed instructions on how to configure SAML 2.0 in FME Flow: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Flow/WebUI/SAML-Configuration.htm

Let me know if you've got any related questions!

-Tim

Hello Tim,

thank you for this! We'll try to configure it as you write and I'll let you know.

Ruda