Skip to main content

Hi all;

I just started learning fme server. I want to create a web service using the rest api. I want to show the data in my database as json.

Is there a sample application? What are the fme server settings?

Thank you.

You may want to look into the fmedatastreaming service, it will allow you to return the output of a webservice as e.g. JSON.

There are some examples here, based on the sample workspaces that are installed with FME Server, and that you can inspect in detail: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/ReferenceManual/Examples_data_streaming.htm

Hi David;

Thank you for your help.

Some of my data is too much and I don't want to create them all at the same time for performance. I want to filter by giving parameters and bring in maximum 15 pieces of data each time. Can i do that What kind of path should I follow?

Thank you

Hi David;

Thank you for your help.

Some of my data is too much and I don't want to create them all at the same time for performance. I want to filter by giving parameters and bring in maximum 15 pieces of data each time. Can i do that What kind of path should I follow?

Thank you

You would typically use a published parameter for the consumer to send e.g. the starting feature number (like a paging function), this can be send as a parameter in the URL.

In the workspace you can then filter the features based on this starting feature number, either using a WHERE-clause in the database or by using a combination of Sampler/Counter/Tester transformers.

The WHERE-clause is going to be much faster if there is a lot of data, however.