Question

Split dataset into two streams. One, where points at shared locations. Two, where points are the only ones there.

• 23 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello Community,

I have a points dataset containing 17 records. Some at stacked at shared locations. Some are isolated in one location…

SwkPoints1 

I need to separate this into two different streams.

Stream one: all records that are at shared locations (i.e: sharing an XY co-ordinate pair)…

SwkPoints2_2 

Stream two: all records that are the only records at that location…

SwkPoints3 

How is this achievable?

Thanks,

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

I assume you determine uniqueness by the value of 'House'.

Use a StatisticsCalculator to count the number of times 'House' occurs, followed by a TestFilter to differentiate between features where 'House' occurs one time (stream two) and features where 'House' occurs more than once (stream one).

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Use a StatisticsCalculator to count the number of times 'House' occurs, followed by a TestFilter to differentiate between features where 'House' occurs one time (stream two) and features where 'House' occurs more than once (stream one).

Sorry, no, I should have stated in my post. The uniqueness is the location. So, it would be based on the X and Y co-ordinates pair. Thanks, Stuart
Userlevel 5
Badge +36

Create a new attribute (X_Y), and use that attribute in the StatisticsCalculator (both 'Group By' and 'Statistics to Calculate').

Unique

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Create a new attribute (X_Y), and use that attribute in the StatisticsCalculator (both 'Group By' and 'Statistics to Calculate').

Unique

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Unique

Hi geomancer, That has worked perfectly. I can now apply this to the real data and connect to the rest of the workspace. Thank so much. Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

Unique

Hi Stuart, you're welcome. Good luck!