Question

Message Parameter Text Format

• 12 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to format text that is used in the "Message" User Parameter in FME Form. There is no Text Editor available for the "Message Configuration" option and when I use the Parameter in a FME Flow App, line breaks are removed, although they show up when prompted in FME Form. Is there a way to keep line breaks?

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

There are special characters available for strings in the Text Editor, including \\n for a newline and \\v for a vertical tab. I cannot test if this fixes your issue right now, but have you tried this?

Badge +7

No, because there is no Text Editor for the "Message" Parameter inside the "Message Configuration" Option.

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

No, because there is no Text Editor for the "Message" Parameter inside the "Message Configuration" Option.

I know, but have you tried using \\n?

Badge +7

I know, but have you tried using \\n?

Yes, it just returns "\\n" in the Message Text.

Badge +16

@pflegpet​ ,

What version of FME Form/Flow are you using? On version 2023.2, I can't replicate that issue. When I enter text on line 1, enter text on a new line below it in the message parameter, and publish it to Flow, the FME Flow App shows them on separate lines. (although there is a small indentation on line 1)

FME Form

FME Flow App

@pflegpet​ ,

What version of FME Form/Flow are you using? On version 2023.2, I can't replicate that issue. When I enter text on line 1, enter text on a new line below it in the message parameter, and publish it to Flow, the FME Flow App shows them on separate lines. (although there is a small indentation on line 1)

FME Form

FME Flow App

Hi, I'm on 2023.1. In my workspace, the message parameter is also set up as conditional parameter. Could you check if the text shows up with the new line, when you set it up as a conditional parameter? I can't check right now, but if I remember correctly it is tied to a choice parameter: If the choice parameter has the value "X" show the message parameter, else hide.

Badge +16

Hi, I'm on 2023.1. In my workspace, the message parameter is also set up as conditional parameter. Could you check if the text shows up with the new line, when you set it up as a conditional parameter? I can't check right now, but if I remember correctly it is tied to a choice parameter: If the choice parameter has the value "X" show the message parameter, else hide.

@ax_pflegpeter​ ,

I set the message box parameter as a conditional, and it appears to work correctly. Again, my version is newer, so I can't test it on your version.

fme_flow_app

I now can confirm that the bug is only occuring in 2023.1. I created two test apps, one in 2023.1 and one in 2023.2 and using the latter, I get the same (correct) new lines as shown in your example:

missing new line in 2023.1new line present in 2023.2