Question

Hi everybody, Do you know if Home licence of FME still available?

• 3 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge
Hi everybody, Do you know if Home licence of FME still available?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @marcyeranos​ I suggest you see this link:

Charitable Licenses - FME by Safe Software

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Hi @marcyeranos​ I suggest you see this link:

Charitable Licenses - FME by Safe Software

I did see some comms somewhere from @mark2atsafe​ that home licenses are still essentially a thing. If i recall the advice was to get in touch with Safe/your reseller.

Badge

Thank you for your response. I have been using this software for years, and I have both home and professional licenses (home training + at work office). I did not found the option to request a home license, I am having trouble understanding how to go about obtaining it. The website has become difficult to navigate, despite the attractive design. Additionally, the "contact us" button does not seem to be functioning properly. It seems that the website is now more like a business card than a typical website. LOGO aussi terrible 👎 . I am filled with disappointment for these changes !!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Thank you for your response. I have been using this software for years, and I have both home and professional licenses (home training + at work office). I did not found the option to request a home license, I am having trouble understanding how to go about obtaining it. The website has become difficult to navigate, despite the attractive design. Additionally, the "contact us" button does not seem to be functioning properly. It seems that the website is now more like a business card than a typical website. LOGO aussi terrible 👎 . I am filled with disappointment for these changes !!!

Hello @marcyeranos​, sorry for any inconvenience! You can find Safe Software's Contact Information here. We are currently in the process of updating our website to better support our Trial and free licensing programs. During this time, please contact our Sales team at sales@safe.com. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Also, are you able to link the page with the broken button? I can submit a request to have this fixed! Thanks again, Kailin.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi! We've updated our Grant Program. The Home-Use license is no longer available. However, you may want to consider applying for a Work Extension License. More information about our updated Grant Program, including the Work Extension License application, is available here: https://fme.safe.com/pricing/charitable-licenses.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi! We've updated our Grant Program. The Home-Use license is no longer available. However, you may want to consider applying for a Work Extension License. More information about our updated Grant Program, including the Work Extension License application, is available here: https://fme.safe.com/pricing/charitable-licenses.

HI @nampreetatsafe,

I’ve lodged a request for a Work Extension License but it’s been a while (greater than the 10 days mentioned) and I haven’t heard or received anything. Who do you recommend reaching out to for this one? We don’t go through a reseller but directly through Safe.

Thanks

Badge

The website has become difficult to navigate, despite the attractive design. 

Amen to that.  And honestly, I cannot say I am a fan of the rebadging to Form & Flow - FME Desktop and FME Server were not fancy enough/”haute culture”? 😀 (<--- That’s a play on haute couture, not a misspelling or misunderstanding)

Safe is about ease of use and getting from point A to point B as quickly as possible.  The website and the names-I-have-to-look-up-each-time seem to be anathema to the stated goals.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

The Work Extension License route is not a viable option for me as I do not wish to link my at home use of FME to my day job in any way. I am disappointed that this was the only solution suggested to me when I inquired. I was informed that I would need to provide my organization’s name, my work email, and my organization’s FME license serial number.

I would be willing to pay a small subscription fee similar to what Esri does to be able to have a home use license for non-commercial purposes and keep it completely separate from my employer’s license.

Badge

I would be willing to pay a small subscription fee similar to what Esri does to be able to have a home use license for non-commercial purposes and keep it completely separate from my employer’s license.

I second that and want to emphasize that many of us are willing to pay for a non-commercial home license - I pay Esri, JetBrains, Techsmith and a slew of other vendors for the ability to utilize their software for personal use (Well JetBrains and Techsmith are poor examples because they are straight up licenses). 

The free Home-Use license was outstanding, but I am certain that it was an administrative nightmare with no compensation (other than a huge amount of customer goodwill, and you can never underestimate our loyalty).  Charge me $100 to cover your admin costs (or less, wink-wink-nudge-nudge), have me acknowledge a “not for commercial use statement” and lets keep the creative, fun, and uniquely personal ETL uses running! 

I learn, I geek, I have fun - I would say I have no life, but there is plenty of evidence to the contrary,