Skip to main content
Question

FME FLOW - working workspace got stuck without errors

• 5 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Good morning all,

I have a working workspace, I run it from FME FLOW and it gets stuck after a while.
It doesn’t show any error or warning.
I suppose that the problem could be due to a CSV WRITER, it seems that the process got stuck seding the result of a filter to the CSV WRITER.

Then I found the solution, altough the workspace was run from the admin user and the user is the owner of data folder, I provided the authorization to data folder to admin group.

The task ended with no errors.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

A log file ended abruptly, with no final translation stats, is often a sign of a memory problem. In this case, the log file also reports low memory conditions:

2024-07-04 16:00:57|  16.8|  0.0|WARN  |Failed to free sufficient memory to reach the process usage limit. To improve stability and performance please increase the memory available to FME. Available memory can be increased by adding physical RAM, increasing swap space, or closing other applications

I recommend testing the same workspace with much smaller dataset(s) or a subset or the current dataset. If it can complete successfully, then that proves a memory issue with the larger dataset. 

Memory issues can be resolved by increasing resources (e.g. hardware) available to the FME Flow Engines or optimizing the workflow. The best approach is a combination of the two. 

Thanks! Sanae

Badge +1

Thanks Sanar

For your reply, as I mentioned in my post I found the solution.

The workspace stopped due to lack of permissions in the output directory.

In fact after that I assigned the user permission to the directory the workspace finished even if the lack of memory still remains.

Kind regards 

Emanuele