Skip to main content
Question

Writing to a dwg block hyperlink attribute

• 21 January 2013
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I want to create a .dwg with clickable hyperlinks from a .shp file, however I can't see an attribute I can expose on the .dwg writer that can take the hyperlink attribute from the shp file.  Does anyone know is this is possible?

Also, bit of a secondary question (that may make the first one invalid!) , but could I write this straight to an interactive PDF?  (I know I can create it via (Acrobat / AutoCAD).  I'm not very familair with FME's PDF capability.

Thanks.
I'll tackle your second question so you can see where that takes you.

I'd suggest you have a look at the PDFStyler. I have done what you'd like to do in a limited way by making parts of a PDF hyperlinked (logos etc), though not specific geographic features on a map. The part of the Transformer to investigate is the "Identity" parameter and you'll see you can determine both a tooltip and a URL to resolve as either static values or values from existing attributes. Under the bonnet I think these values are setting the PDF format attributes "pdf_url" and "pdf_tooltip".

Hope that helps.
Hi,

I have once read out hyperlinks from a dwg.

The hyperlinks were in the format attributes of the inserts in autocad_extended_data_list{}.

So it may be possible to write them into this attribute to the blocks.

Good luck!

Just a quicky belated thanks, the PDFStyler worked and is very easy to set up.  Thanks Dave and Gerhard also!