Skip to main content

Hi,

if you try to write aggregates in AutoCAD you'll get block, which is kind of unwieldly, especially if you need to modify geometries in AutoCAD.

As it looks like groups can't be written (only read) using FME.

I'd like to ask you, what are your experiences with this. Are there some other workarounds...

Thanks in advance,

Želimir

Hi @zzupljanin,

up to my knowledge, AutoCAD does not support aggregate features, except for Block definitions and perhaps for Solids and Hatch objects.

Hope this helps.

If you want to see FME support writing groups you can vote on this idea

If you have polygons which are getting turned in to aggregates consider using converting them to MPolygons with the DWGStyler. This will at least keep the aggregated areas together.

If you have multiple geometry/entity types in your aggregate then it could be worth deaggregating these and then writing them all on a unique layer per aggregate.

ad an extended attribute to the objects.

You can use search (properties tab) in autocad to aquire or group them.

If you want to see FME support writing groups you can vote on this idea

If you have polygons which are getting turned in to aggregates consider using converting them to MPolygons with the DWGStyler. This will at least keep the aggregated areas together.

If you have multiple geometry/entity types in your aggregate then it could be worth deaggregating these and then writing them all on a unique layer per aggregate.
They also can't be modified easily... I think it is best it can get for now.

Thank you everyone