Skip to main content

Hi,

I've developed a workflow to convert about 100 dgn files into mapinfo and cad formats. In essence I have a single merged .dgn reader. Each .dgn is read in and some geoprocessing happens to make layernames explicit and then a writeback happens. The issue is that the writeback will only happen once everything is read in. The output features are named based on the input file.

For cad writeback using a fanout: @Value(fme_basename).dwg

For mapinfo writeback using TABLE NAME: LinearFeature_@Value(fme_basename)

What I would like to happen is once the source dgn is read it gets written which should free up memory and hopfully speed up the process.

This has sort of been asked before with write features as they are read from @mapper @david_r and also Write outputs before translation is complete from @jamiefinney and @redgeographics

However I am not sure how to implement the master-child pattern suggested by @redgeographics.

Below is a screenshot of the workflow however in essence its

Read dgn==> doing stuff ==>Writeback features.

Hi @elpone, possibly you could apply the basic batch processing method (PATH reader + WorkspaceRunner) described in this article.

Batch Processing Using the WorkspaceRunner

Hi @elpone, possibly you could apply the basic batch processing method (PATH reader + WorkspaceRunner) described in this article.

Batch Processing Using the WorkspaceRunner

Thanks @takashi , This is exactly the tool for the job. The link explains how to implement this.