Skip to main content

Hi there, I'm curious as to why the newly created attribute in my workspace is not showing up by default when I go to the visual preview table view. I've had this happen before but I cannot find what governs this. Is there a toggle? The default behaviour should be that it shows up in the table so I can see that it's been created. I can find it in the list of available columns but it is a pain if I'm having to rerun the routine a lot. Anyone know how to change this? Using ver2020.1 but have experienced this issue on previous versions. Below example of my new attribute "Quality Level".

FME sample image

It actually appears that the attribute is not being exposed. Why would I need an attribute exposer?

Hi @umapper1​, sorry to hear that you're experiencing some frustration. I would like to reproduce the issue you're experiencing but will need a bit more information.

Would you mind providing a workflow that demonstrates how you are creating the new attribute (are you using a AttributeCreator, AttributeManager, etc.) and/or describe how I can reproduce your workflow and the sequence of steps you take from creating the attribute to attempting to view it in Visual Preview? You mentioned that "it is a pain if I'm having to rerun the routine a lot" - if you have Feature Caching enabled your workspace should just run from the last updated cache. Do you run the workspace after creating the attribute and it doesn't show up in Visual Preview?

Hi @umapper1​, sorry to hear that you're experiencing some frustration. I would like to reproduce the issue you're experiencing but will need a bit more information.

Would you mind providing a workflow that demonstrates how you are creating the new attribute (are you using a AttributeCreator, AttributeManager, etc.) and/or describe how I can reproduce your workflow and the sequence of steps you take from creating the attribute to attempting to view it in Visual Preview? You mentioned that "it is a pain if I'm having to rerun the routine a lot" - if you have Feature Caching enabled your workspace should just run from the last updated cache. Do you run the workspace after creating the attribute and it doesn't show up in Visual Preview?

Hi @nampreetatsafe​ , thanks for the response. Unfortunately this is part of a live project so I cannot share the workspace publicly however if you want me to send you the workspace directly for interrogation I can? I've attached another image below. I'm using the AttributeCreator to create an attribute from conditional values. You'll see in the Visual Preview pane the new attribute does not show up by default after running.FME

Hi @nampreetatsafe​ , thanks for the response. Unfortunately this is part of a live project so I cannot share the workspace publicly however if you want me to send you the workspace directly for interrogation I can? I've attached another image below. I'm using the AttributeCreator to create an attribute from conditional values. You'll see in the Visual Preview pane the new attribute does not show up by default after running.FME

double check your attributemanager that the attribute is not set to "Set Value" and the attribute value is blank.