Skip to main content
I am trying to publish a workbench to FME server that contains a esri shape reader with a merged feature type.    My input shapes files do not have standard names.  In addition, there could be just one or several input shape files.  When running the workbench from Desktop, the Feature Types to read parameter will allow me to select all the shapefiles listed in my target directory.  However, when I publish the fme server, there doesn't seem to be anyway to populate this parameter and as a result all my input shapes are ignored.

Is there anyway I can force the workbench to always read all possible input shapefiles?
Hi,

have you tried to just use wildcards to read the whole input directory? See the screenshot here for a hint on how to accomplish this.

David
Unfortunately, since my input was a merged feature class (because there is not a know list of features to check for) even when I read in the whole directory with wildcards it still didn't know which specific feature types to read in.  That was the first method I tried.
Hi,

there is an article on FMEpedia that should be relavant to your question. Also note the link to a video that shows to use this technique.

David