Skip to main content

Hi,When i update my mongodb reader with "update reader and feature types" one column (properties.observations) of my collection (that i see with robomongo) doesn't appear in User attribute. I have try many times but nothing happen. It's really a big problem for me. The same thing when i delete and create my reader.

When i use format attribute/mongodbjson i retrieve this column in the column mongodb_json

Is it a bug ?

Best regards

After tests:

- If i have null values: no column

- if i have null values and string values: no column

- if i have string value: YESSS it works

I think something is wrong...

After tests:

Hi @pg.souque,

Just wanted to confirm, what build of FME are you working with? Interesting that we are only reading in the properties.observations attribute if they values are not null.

Do you have the same issue when the Read Original JSON Document parameter is set to yes?

After tests:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

This is build 19801 for WIN64.

Yes same problem if the Read Original JSON Document parameter is set to yes.

If i put a value in all document it's ok but if only some documents have this value so the update don't work.

Best regards

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

This is build 19801 for WIN64.

Yes same problem if the Read Original JSON Document parameter is set to yes.

If i put a value in all document it's ok but if only some documents have this value so the update don't work.

Best regards

Hi @pg.souque,

Thanks for the follow up.

I have created an issue report (FMEENGINE-62528) in our system for this. It seems the MongoDB schema is established based on the first batch of features and, in your case, the first batch may not contain a non-null value in the first batch which is causing the unexpected behavior.

I'll follow up on this thread as soon as we release solution for this!