Skip to main content

I am trying to convert the ESRI  format data(feature class) to cad using FME(I have used Extended Entity Data option). When I open the cad output in FME inspector I can see the attributes but when I try to open in AutoCAD or Revit I cannot see attributes attached to the features. Just wanted to know how can I get to see attributes in cad file in AutoCAD

Hi @divya​ ,

Can you confirm how you are trying to view the extended entity data?

In AutoCAD, are you using the command "XDLIST" and selecting the object to see the attributes? This is where the extended attribute data will be shown in AutoCAD.

In the screenshot below, after using the XDLIST command and selecting an object you can see the attributes for VendorID, VendorName, VendorDescription and OBJECTID:

XDLIST

Hi @divya​ ,

Can you confirm how you are trying to view the extended entity data?

In AutoCAD, are you using the command "XDLIST" and selecting the object to see the attributes? This is where the extended attribute data will be shown in AutoCAD.

In the screenshot below, after using the XDLIST command and selecting an object you can see the attributes for VendorID, VendorName, VendorDescription and OBJECTID:

XDLIST

Hi ,

we are using polygon as input data.

I hope the process which you mentioned will work same for any data type.

we were just trying to click on the feature in auto cad and trying to see its information. We have not tried process which you have mentioned. Will give a try and update you .

Thank you,

Divya

Hi Fme Team,

we are able to see the attributes. With that command.

Many Thanks,

Divya

Hi Fme Team,

we are able to see the attributes. With that command.

Many Thanks,

Divya

Excellent, thanks for letting us know!

-Andrea