Skip to main content
Hello All,

I am using a simple workbench that reads ESRI ArcSDE and writs to a dynamic API file geodatabase, the workbench should work as if I am copying the data stored in SDE file (SQL server ) to a fil Geodatabase, but the issue here is that the FME writes the features with wrong names Not as expected.

The FME workbench adds “DBO” prefix and the type of the feature class as suffix

Manual copy/past works fine and names the features as intended

Is there any method to truncate the prefix and suffix which is added by the FME to have the names as if I am using copy/past ?

Best regards,

Ahmad Saleh
Hi Ahmad,

Try this.

Expose "fme_feature_type" in the SDE reader feature type.

Copy the value of "fme_feature_type" to a new attribute (e.g. "_feature_class") with an AttributeCopier.

Remove the unpreferable prefix from the value of "_feature_class" with a transformer. e.g. StringReplacer.

Modify the parameters of the Dynamic FILEGDB writer feature type as below.

- Feature Class or Table Name: _feature_class

- Geometry: First feature defines geometry type  (this prevents adding the suffix indicating geometry type)

- Schema Definition Name: fme_feature_type

Takashi
Many thanks Takashi, this is really a great help, I have noticed that the FME changes the names to capital letter (Upper case ) and I have tried to use “StringCaseChanger” with Case Change: Title case but the issue here is that my old F.C names was a mixture of Upper and lower case letter e.g: the old name was “UrbanMasterPlans_UMP_DUMP_Edits_Locations” and after using the stringcasechanger the new name became “Urbanmasterplans_ump_dump_edits_locations” is there any method to let the FME store the name of the F.C as it is?.

Thanks,

Ahmad Saleh