Skip to main content

I am having trouble getting the syntax right for the FeatureReader using Smallworld.

A small example: I would like to read all pipe segments that have certain status and a certain material (which could have been taken from an XML file, for example - here, for simplicity, I created the attributes with an AttributeCreator).

I have tried every variation with and without quotiation marks, but cannot get it to run. I am using FME 2013 (upgrading is not an option, as it's not in my power) and the SpatialBiz plugin to access Smallworld.

@erik_jan, something you can help with?

The first question is: what SmallWorld reader are you using? The built in Smallworld (GE) reader or the Spatialbiz plugin for SmallWorld?

The first question is: what SmallWorld reader are you using? The built in Smallworld (GE) reader or the Spatialbiz plugin for SmallWorld?

Spatialbiz Plugin for Smallworld. I'm adding that to the question, should have been there in the first place.

Have you tried the WHERE clause: status = '@Value(status)' ?

That works for feature types in the Spatialbiz plugin reader.

I am at my home computer right now, so I can't confirm - but I am quite sure I did. Curiously, what did work is "where status='Existing' ", i.e. if I didn't use a variable.

Also what I was not able to do was a combination of two statements, such as "where status='Existing' and material='Steel'.

I fear this does not work: While the syntax seems to be accepted, the numbers are completely off (FME returns about 28000 entries, while SW states 92000 entries).

I fear this might be an SpatialBiz-Bug: I removed the where-clause altogether and the problem remained. I felt that was worth an own question: Bug in FeatureReader

I fear this does not work: While the syntax seems to be accepted, the numbers are completely off (FME returns about 28000 entries, while SW states 92000 entries).

I fear this might be an SpatialBiz-Bug: I removed the where-clause altogether and the problem remained. I felt that was worth an own question: Bug in FeatureReader

Please supply the workspace and the log to support@spatialbiz.com and I or one of my colleagues will have a look.

Please supply the workspace and the log to support@spatialbiz.com and I or one of my colleagues will have a look.

Thanks! I have sent the workbench.