Skip to main content

My goal is to split the green polygon at the edge of the pink polygon. However, the pink one is not aligned properly. The black line indicates the cutting line I want to achieve. 

I am thinking of creating a buffer around the pink dataset, however only at the top and bottom border. At the left side, where the cutting line is present, a buffer is not allowed. When such a buffer is created I could use an Intersector probably to split the green polygon. Any support is appreciated!

1. Convert the pink polygon into lines with a Chopper
  2. Entend these lines with a LineExtender
  3. Use an Intersector to intersect all objects (the green polygon and the lines from the pink polygon)
  4. Build polygons with an AreaBuilder

1. Convert the pink polygon into lines with a Chopper
  2. Entend these lines with a LineExtender
  3. Use an Intersector to intersect all objects (the green polygon and the lines from the pink polygon)
  4. Build polygons with an AreaBuilder

Thanks @geomancer !  Sounds like a good solution, will give it a try tomorrow :)

@geomancer the solution worked almost fine. I am only struggling now with the AreaBuilder. 

When I can combine everyting of the Intersector into Areas I get this. Thats almost fine. But now I need a trick to select the left part only. Any idea? :) 

If the parts you want (in this case the left part) are the ones where the original pink polygon isn’t, you could run your current results through a spatial filter. Perhaps replacing the pink geometry with its centroid, and then filtering for the new geometry which does not contain the pink geometries centroid. The exact method would depend on your use case, but that is a general idea of how you could arrive at the best solution.