Skip to main content
Hi,

I have a project which transforms one or more DGN v8 files from one coordinate system to another. The input files are specified by a user parameter and each input file results in one output file through the use of fanout where the input file name is used as the fanout attribute.

I use the value of the user parameter that specifies the input files to set the value of the V8 Seed File parameter. (I want the same header information after the transformation as before the transformation.)

However, I have not found a way where I can choose a different seed file per output file or change the seed file during the processing of the input files. Instead, the same input file is used as the seed file for all output files.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?
Hi,

If my understanding is correct, you want to use different seed file per output file.

In the WRITER part of your workspace, you can edit the Seed File parameter and publish this as an Attribute Name.

In your workspace you can probably read a spreadsheet for the input file containing a column (attribute name) that specifies the SEED file to be used against a specific input file. Kind of Look Up table for the Seed File reading.

HTH

Happy FME-ing :-)

SRG