Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I have encountered the following issue: when writing to a Spatialite database a polygon with more than one hole, only one hole is created and the others get lost (see attached workspace).

By the way, everything goes fine if I write, for example, to shape or geopackage.

I'm using FME 2022.2.5.0 (20230329 - Build 22795 - WIN64).

Could it be a bug?

Thanks

Hi @davtorgh​ Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention. I've filed FMEENGINE-78664 about this.

Hi @davtorgh​ Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention. I've filed FMEENGINE-78664 about this.

Thank you @danatsafe​ ,

have you tracked this issue in a bug tracking system? Is it public readable? How can I see the evolution?

Thank you @danatsafe​ ,

have you tracked this issue in a bug tracking system? Is it public readable? How can I see the evolution?

Hi @davtorgh​ Unfortunately you aren't able to see the progress, but we will let you know here when it's been fixed.

Hello, I'm also facing this issue, but when reading it. I have a Spatialite that has multiple donut holes on some features, but FME only reads on donut hole, and seems like it fills in the others automatically. If I save it as a Shapefile before FME reads, I dont face this issue.

After FME

Before FME

image.png

Hello, I'm also facing this issue, but when reading it. I have a Spatialite that has multiple donut holes on some features, but FME only reads on donut hole, and seems like it fills in the others automatically. If I save it as a Shapefile before FME reads, I dont face this issue.

After FME

Before FME

image.png

Hi @bruno_talis​ Are you using FME 2022.2 or 2023.0? I can confirm that FMEENGINE-78664 is fixed in FME 2023.1+ for reading and writing donuts in Spatialite.

Hi @bruno_talis​ Are you using FME 2022.2 or 2023.0? I can confirm that FMEENGINE-78664 is fixed in FME 2023.1+ for reading and writing donuts in Spatialite.

You are right, I was on the 2023.0. With the 2023.2 this problem went away. Thank you!