Skip to main content

I have a shp file generated by QGIS with three decimal places. In FME, the feature reader seems to auto round the field.

QGISimageI tried to change the "Numeric attribute type handling" to "explicit width and precision", still doesn't work.

Is there any way to let FME read the data as same as QGIS?

Hi @brandonguo​ ,

As a workaround, one can convert the datatype from numeric to string in QGIS. Next step is to read the string attributes in FME. This prevents the rounding error.

Hi @brandonguo​ 

Can you clarify the data typeset on the reader?

As per my understanding, these values should be stored as data type "number" with precision

Shape_LatLongCan you share your shapefile if possible?

Hi @brandonguo​ 

Can you clarify the data typeset on the reader?

As per my understanding, these values should be stored as data type "number" with precision

Shape_LatLongCan you share your shapefile if possible?

Hi @rahulsharma​ 

The data type is 32 bit real. See the screenshot below and the sample file for more details. Thank you.

imageimage 

Hi @brandonguo​ ,

As a workaround, one can convert the datatype from numeric to string in QGIS. Next step is to read the string attributes in FME. This prevents the rounding error.

Thanks, @verdoodtdries​  The reader is a part of a validation workbench, which will receive data from various external sources. I am not sure if there is any way to auto this process within FME.

Hi @rahulsharma​ 

The data type is 32 bit real. See the screenshot below and the sample file for more details. Thank you.

imageimage 

I have filed an internal ticket FMEENGINE-73421 to track the issue.

WORKAROUND: For now, the old ESRI SHAPE reader appears to be handling this file better.

See attached repro which is using the reader, you can essentially, change the shapefile, in the navigator window to use your own.

Hi @rahulsharma​ 

imageimage 

Thanks @rahulsharma​ Can I use the old shape reader in a newer version FME server?

FME Server 2021.2

Build 21784 - win64