Skip to main content

I have a feature that is a circle and stored in Oracle. When translating it to a MapInfo Tab writer, the circle does no export to a circle it is more of a 12+ sided polygon and slightly shifted.

Is there a way to rectify this issue? or even assign tolerances? I have read somewhere that it relates to the number of bits - the FME version I have is 64 bit and the writer output for MapInfo TAB is 20 bit?

Hi @matkins

FME is converting the circle to a polygon. I think you'll need to force the geometry type for TAB using the format attribute mapinfo_type and set it to value mapinfo_ellipse

I tested using a GeometryFilter to find the Circles, then create the attribute with an AttributeCreator

The bit version of FME isn't going to be the issue.

Hi @matkins

FME is converting the circle to a polygon. I think you'll need to force the geometry type for TAB using the format attribute mapinfo_type and set it to value mapinfo_ellipse

I tested using a GeometryFilter to find the Circles, then create the attribute with an AttributeCreator

The bit version of FME isn't going to be the issue.

Hi @matkins did you get this working?

Hi @matkins did you get this working?

Hi @mark_1spatial,

I ended up inputting the min/mas x and y parameter bounds and it resulted in a much better rounded circle.

Thank you for your help!