Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm trying to set the ground and all the building to 0 elevation in my CityGML and keep the buildings in 3d.

Do you have any idea how could I do that?

Hi @sebeauvoir

Did you try to use the transformer 2DForcer?

Help Transformer

Thanks,

Danilo

Assuming your buildings have flat bottoms then what I would recommend to using the BoundsExtractor to get the _zmin of each building, then using an Offsetter to offset by the -ve of the zmin value. This should set all the bottoms of the building onto 0 elevation.

If your buildings are separated into Walls/Roofs etc then you will need to first Aggregate the surfaces into whole buildings (Aggregator, Group By Building ID) before using the BoundsExtractor. Failing to first Aggregate will result in your Roofs also being on 0.

Good Luck!

Hi @sebeauvoir

Did you try to use the transformer 2DForcer?

Help Transformer

Thanks,

Danilo

Thank you for your response.

Yes I tried, but it actually puts everything flat, and not keep the buildings in 3D.

Assuming your buildings have flat bottoms then what I would recommend to using the BoundsExtractor to get the _zmin of each building, then using an Offsetter to offset by the -ve of the zmin value. This should set all the bottoms of the building onto 0 elevation.

If your buildings are separated into Walls/Roofs etc then you will need to first Aggregate the surfaces into whole buildings (Aggregator, Group By Building ID) before using the BoundsExtractor. Failing to first Aggregate will result in your Roofs also being on 0.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your response, it works perfectly!

Thank you for your response, it works perfectly!

Awesome! Great to hear