Skip to main content

Hi,

I want to use Scheme(Anyformat) for reading WFS structure, it is working fine for excel, csv,shapefile, FileGeodatabase and even ESRI FeatureService but not WFS.

I want to use generic reader, so I have to use this reader for all of them and I know FeatureReader can read WFS without issue.

Has anyone had this problem ? Any solution ?

Regards

Hmm, you say the FeatureReader is working? Can you not then use the Schema Feature from the FeatureReader's schema port? I think the FeatureReader supports the Generic(Any Format) Reader.

Do you have a log file - are there any errors you can share with us?

Hmm, you say the FeatureReader is working? Can you not then use the Schema Feature from the FeatureReader's schema port? I think the FeatureReader supports the Generic(Any Format) Reader.

Do you have a log file - are there any errors you can share with us?

I want to use scheme reader, because it is how workbench implemented to work with different formats, and it is working fine with others.

Logfile doesn't have anything, it is not returning error, it is just returning 0 layer, it cannot read the structure of layers in WFS. I did try this with two different WFS and the same result.

I also ran some tests like what Matt described and got similar results. The reason why no schema features are returned by the schema reader on its own is that the schema reader is generating a DescribeFeatureType request without specifying the feature type. I believe this is a bug so I have filed it and will keep you posted on progress.

In the meantime you have 2 workaround options. You can use the Schema reader with WFS reader added as a Resource, and the Feature Types to Read set to the feature type(s) you wish to read. Note that once you add WFS reader as a resource, you can set the feature types to read from within the Schema Reader (before the resource is added, the only feature type available is 'schema').

The second option is to use the FeatureReader with the feature types to read selected that you are interested in and features to read set to 'schema'. Note that some WFS servers only support queries for one feature type at a time, so if you get an error with multiple selected try again with just one. Remember the best way to diagnose problems with any WFS client is to review the log, then copy / paste the WFS Get requests to a web browser and watch what the response looks like. This makes it easier to tell if the problem is with the client or the server - see: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/19452/troubleshooting-wfs-errors.html

I also ran some tests like what Matt described and got similar results. The reason why no schema features are returned by the schema reader on its own is that the schema reader is generating a DescribeFeatureType request without specifying the feature type. I believe this is a bug so I have filed it and will keep you posted on progress.

In the meantime you have 2 workaround options. You can use the Schema reader with WFS reader added as a Resource, and the Feature Types to Read set to the feature type(s) you wish to read. Note that once you add WFS reader as a resource, you can set the feature types to read from within the Schema Reader (before the resource is added, the only feature type available is 'schema').

The second option is to use the FeatureReader with the feature types to read selected that you are interested in and features to read set to 'schema'. Note that some WFS servers only support queries for one feature type at a time, so if you get an error with multiple selected try again with just one. Remember the best way to diagnose problems with any WFS client is to review the log, then copy / paste the WFS Get requests to a web browser and watch what the response looks like. This makes it easier to tell if the problem is with the client or the server - see: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/19452/troubleshooting-wfs-errors.html

Hi Dean,

Thanks for that, I did set WFS Reader as source but it wasn't working, for now I change whole workflow to work with featurereader and looking forward to see this bug is solving.

Regards,

Ahad

Hi Dean,

Thanks for that, I did set WFS Reader as source but it wasn't working, for now I change whole workflow to work with featurereader and looking forward to see this bug is solving.

Regards,

Ahad
Hi Ahad,

Thanks for the update. The Schema reader workaround works for me so I will follow up via support and send you the workspace. Note that if you set the feature types to read in the Schema reader, you need to leave this parameter blank in the resource wfs reader, otherwise they will clash. I have also filed a PR and will reference it to the support case to keep you updated.

Regards,

Dean