Skip to main content

I am using the FME REST API v4 to try and retrieve all Workspace Apps (and Automation Apps and Gallery apps) but I only get http status code 404, although I see in Fme Flow that we have over 20 Workspace Apps. I can retrieve Schedules, Automations and Workspaces just fine. Is it a bug?

Result:

HTTP/1.1 404    NO_RESULT    {"message":"FME Server Workspace App automations does not exist."}    404

This works:

$(FME_SERVER_URL)/fmerest/v3/schedules?limit=-1&offset=-1

This doesn’t work:

$(FME_SERVER_URL)/fmerest/v3/apps/automations?limit=1000&offset=0

This doesn’t work:

But in this sample you use V3, not V4? You might comine things that are not supported?

REST API V3

REST API V4

Hello, is there any official word from Safe Software when the V4 API will be out of tech preview? I am about to build a series of new workspaces with the REST API and am curious whether it might be better to wait a little longer to avoid having to change the endpoints in my workspaces. Thanks!

This doesn’t work:

But in this sample you use V3, not V4? You might comine things that are not supported?

REST API V3

REST API V4

Oh right. I tested a bit more and it seems v4 doesn’t work at all. :(

When I try v4 all I get is 404 not found.

$(FME_SERVER_URL)/fmerest/v4/apps/galleries?limit=1000&offset=0
$(FME_SERVER_URL)/fmerest/v4/schedules?limit=1000&offset=0

_creation_instance    _error    fme_rejection_code    _response_body    _http_status_code
0    HTTP/1.1 404    NO_RESULT    HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

This doesn’t work:

REST API V3

REST API V4

I got it working, found the v4 docs on our server and the correct address.
$(FME_SERVER_URL)/fmeapiv4/apps/galleries?limit=1000&offset=0

Hi @dhavanv2,

Barring any delays, we’re aiming to have the V4 API come out of tech preview for the 2024.0 release. However, this will not include all features as some are slated for a release on a later date/version.