Skip to main content

Folks,

I've been converting Mapinfo to AutoCAD and largely successful. I have a fully defined template drawing I need to adhere to so I have almost no flexibility.

I have successfully labeled lines with an attribute. However I'm tasked with the requirment to repeat a label at some defined interval along the length of a very long line.

Is there a convenient way to have a repeating label text along a line with a "distance" parameter?

Hi @andyew,

You can use a Chopper to create smaller Lines and subsequently replace the splitted polyline with Labels.

Set the Chopper Mode to 'By Length' and give the Approximate Length to the distance you want between the labels.

Kind regards, Lars

Hi @andyew,

You can use a Chopper to create smaller Lines and subsequently replace the splitted polyline with Labels.

Set the Chopper Mode to 'By Length' and give the Approximate Length to the distance you want between the labels.

Kind regards, Lars

Once again @lars_de_vries perfect solution. Thanks.

The Labeller transformer can create labels along a line at a specified distance.

you can use arithmitc editor

set ByLenght

@length()/$Segmentlenght

Even handier is to put the chopper in a custom transformer, create the arithmetic and in the arithmetic editor create the user parameter for Segmentlenght.

That way you only have to fill the parameter to change distance between labels.

(For my ow convenience I created a segmentor custom some time ago with many options for this, using mainly snipper in iterative mode.)