Skip to main content

Hi-

I'd like to read the contents of a working Excel file in a 2013 Sharepoint document library - to transform and put elsewhere.

I have success doing this using (licensed) FME Desktop/workbench 2016, but cannot automate the task with (demo) FME Server or as a scheduled desktop task].

Is there an SSH limitation with FME between the command-line executable versus the workbench? Is there a proper way to map my Sharepoint library?

Thanks in advance.

~jake

Hi Jake

How are you reading that with Desktop? As far as I can see we don't yet have the capability to read from a Sharepoint document library. Are you using a HTTP transformer or a reader of some other format to do this? Until I know how it's being done, I'm not sure if I can help with your problem getting it to work on Server.

Regards

Mark

The only way I was able to read Excel files from our sharepoint was when using NTLM authentication.

Hi Jake,

Could you share your process for bringing in the excel data from SharePoint? More and more of our users are putting their documents in SP and seeing how you were able to access your would be helpful.

Thanks
Hi Jake,

Could you share your process for bringing in the excel data from SharePoint? More and more of our users are putting their documents in SP and seeing how you were able to access your would be helpful.

Thanks

I just used a regular excel reader with the source set to the http link of the excel file.

(https://x.com/Shared%20Documents/file.xlsx) and the network authentication set to NTLM.

It works on both desktop and server.
Hi Jake,

Thanks

Can you show/tell us how you were able to read the contents of a working Excel File in a 2013 doc. library? I can only read metadata of the excel folders. This is probably one of the much requested and awaited FME upgrades.

Thanks,

DB