Skip to main content

I am trying to pull in a service from our organizational AGOL site (Enterprise Login), but cannot verify the connection.

Where do I get this Client ID, Client Secret, Redirect URL information? And how to I input it into the web services? I can't change what's there by default and when I click the upload button, I get a window that's for FME Server, not AGOL.

Hi @slamon,

When you want to read data from ArcGIS Online, there are two approaches. The easy way is to create a web connection for ArcGIS Online. You can do this through the menu: Tools > FME Options > Web Connections: Choose "+" and select Esri ArcGIS Online as a Web Connection, choose a name and fill in your credentials.

Next you add a Reader for the format Esri ArcGIS Online (Feature Service). Under Parameters, in the dialog window, you can select the service and the layers.

The other option is using a set of HTTPCallers, JSON-transformers and the ArcGIS REST API. This is a bit harder to do and to maintain, but in the end it can be faster.

There is no need for Client ID's, Client Secrets, etc.

Regarding uploading information (to ArcGIS Online I presume), you'll need a Writer of the type Esri ArcGIS Online (Feature Service). Again it is necessary to have the webconnection set or go through the REST API path and use HTTPCallers.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Lars_de_vries,

I have tried to create a new web connection and get through the authentication process, but after logging into our organization site, it kicks me back to the ArcGIS Online Connection window. There's no 'OK' to finalize things. I either click Cancel or keep going through the authentication loop.

Hi @slamon,

Sorry to hear you're running into trouble with this! From what you've described, it sounds like FME isn't doing the right thing when it brings up the log-in page from your AGOL organizational site. Would you mind uploading a couple of screenshots to show what you're seeing when you try logging in through FME? Also, what version of FME are you working with?

If you'd rather not share that here, please open a support case through: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ and we can help you out.

Hi @slamon,

Sorry to hear you're running into trouble with this! From what you've described, it sounds like FME isn't doing the right thing when it brings up the log-in page from your AGOL organizational site. Would you mind uploading a couple of screenshots to show what you're seeing when you try logging in through FME? Also, what version of FME are you working with?

If you'd rather not share that here, please open a support case through: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ and we can help you out.

Hi @LauraAtSafe

It seems like the issue was in our organizational AGOL settings. The account I was using, which was a functional account, needed to be linked to a regular user account.

Everything working now.

THanks
Hi @LauraAtSafe

It seems like the issue was in our organizational AGOL settings. The account I was using, which was a functional account, needed to be linked to a regular user account.

Everything working now.

THanks
Hi @slamon,

That's great to hear you were able to find the source of the problem. Thanks for posting your solution here!