Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to read and oracle layer with -where- condition but i have problem because it failed with reading of character Ë or Ç.

I get this error:

ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated'

If i replace Ë with E, it is ok.Find below part of the error log.

Did you try prefixing the string literal with N as I suggested? Example

where my_field = N'KËLCYRË'
Or did that not work?

Or did that not work?

No, it didn't work but i noticed that this happen if the field is a published parameter, because if i fill it directly in the where script it is ok, but if i use it as a parameter (my_field='($P1)') i get the same error.

It's most probably a problem with character encoding. My recommendation would be to use the ParameterFetcher first, then play around with the AttributeEncoder before the SQLExecutor. Possible encodings include UTF-8, the different ISO-Latin (iso-8859-x) character sets and perhaps also the Windows code pages.

It will depend on the Oracle client code page settings, column datatype, your locale settings, etc.

According to the information I can find, FME does allow international/unicode characters in WHERE clauses. So it should work.

I see an issue filed where a transcoding problem can occur if the char and nchar encodings are different (I see yours are from StackExchange). But I don't know if that would cause this error or not.

The fact that it fails with an unbalanced query (no closing quote) worries me that this is something new. I suggest that you visit safe.com/support and file a new support case. You should mention that it could be related to FMEENGINE-10146 - and then someone will be able to try and resolve the issue.

It would help a lot of if can include full specifications for the data (column type, Oracle version, etc) plus the workspace you are using.

No, it didn't work but i noticed that this happen if the field is a published parameter, because if i fill it directly in the where script it is ok, but if i use it as a parameter (my_field='($P1)') i get the same error.

Can you try including the single quotes in the publish parameter value?

WHERE my_field=N$(P1)
P1='KËLCYRË' 

Or did that not work?

No,didnt work even with that.