Skip to main content

Can FME read and write features that are in ESRI's SDE.ST_GEOMETRY in an Oracle Spatial database? I have a table that is in ST_GEOMETRY, but the Oracle Spatial reader cannot show it because there is no entry in the user_sdo_geom_metadata table. I don't see an ESRI reader that would be able to read from Oracle.

Likewise, when I try to write from a file geodatabase that is in ST_GEOMETRY, FME converts the geometry to SDO_GEOMETRY.

Thanks

You can manage that in the SDE writer using the keyword parameter. If the keyword is set up in the ESRI environment to write ST geometry, then so will FME if you use the keyword

If there's no entry in the user_sdo_geom_metadata table you cannot browse to select the table in the reader, but if you manually type the name you can normally read the data in that way.

Equally, reading the data using an sqlexecutor isn't normally fussy about the user_sdo_geom_metadata entry being compelte either.

You can manage that in the SDE writer using the keyword parameter. If the keyword is set up in the ESRI environment to write ST geometry, then so will FME if you use the keyword

I used the ArcSDE Geodb writer with the SDE connection file that I made in ArcMap and it worked. I didn't have to specify any keyword parameter, though

If there's no entry in the user_sdo_geom_metadata table you cannot browse to select the table in the reader, but if you manually type the name you can normally read the data in that way.

Equally, reading the data using an sqlexecutor isn't normally fussy about the user_sdo_geom_metadata entry being compelte either.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Actually there is an Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb) reader that does the job. You have to give it the connection file that you created in ArcMap.

Totally worked! 🙂