Skip to main content

I'm trying to use an ArcGIS Server Feature Service reader to pull data from feature services on a Server running 10.3 and write to an SDE using the Esri Geodatabase ArcSDE Geodb writer. I have a workspace that was created in FME Workbench 2016, where it still runs fine. I'm trying to run it in Workbench 2018.1 and I am getting Python errors stating that one of the modules is missing an attribute:

" Python Exception <AttributeError>: module 'html5lib.treebuilders' has no attribute '_base'

Could not create Python Reader `ARCGISFEATURES' "

I upgraded to Pro 2.2.1 and have the workspace set to use Pro 2.1/2.2 Python (3.6).

I'm assuming that since I have 2018.1 and Pro 2.2.1, they should be compatible and all the Python libraries should be up to date. I've tried updating the reader, and I get the same error and it won't update. I've also tried digging into the Python files and finding that module, and it seems to have a "_base" folder, so I don't think it's corrupt or missing. Could it be that 2018.1 isn't compatible with Server 10.3? I'm very new to updating workspaces, so I may be missing something else here, but any help would be appreciated! I have about 10 workspaces that I need to make sure work with 2018.1 before we upgrade FME Server, so this is a multi-step process.

Hi @jfisch25,

Did you follow the steps at the bottom of this documentation page under "Changing the Python Interpreter"? I wonder if the steps may have changed slightly from FME Server 2016, or if your paths are out of sync after the upgrade to Pro 2.2.1.

Nathan

Hi @jfisch25,

Did you follow the steps at the bottom of this documentation page under "Changing the Python Interpreter"? I wonder if the steps may have changed slightly from FME Server 2016, or if your paths are out of sync after the upgrade to Pro 2.2.1.

Nathan

Hi @NathanAtSafe, I'm not actually working on FME Server yet. My plan was to ensure the workspaces ran in 2018.1 before upgrading, so I've been testing them in Workbench. I have tried changing the Python Compatibility parameter in the workspace as well as the Python interpreter in the FME Options -> Translation window. Neither seem to help..
Hi @NathanAtSafe, I'm not actually working on FME Server yet. My plan was to ensure the workspaces ran in 2018.1 before upgrading, so I've been testing them in Workbench. I have tried changing the Python Compatibility parameter in the workspace as well as the Python interpreter in the FME Options -> Translation window. Neither seem to help..
Hi @jfisch25,

Our development team thinks they may have seen this kind of issue before. We're investigating a possible solution and I'll be happy to keep you updated. Thanks for your patience and for reporting the issue!

Best,

Nathan

Hi @jfisch25,

Still investigating, however we've noticed that the ArcPro 2.2.x python distributions seem to have a module named "base.py" rather than the expected "_base.py". If you rename it, the FME error should disappear. Not sure if renaming is the best solution as it may break other integrations, but it may be a viable workaround for you in the case of an FME integration, so I thought I'd mention it.

The path to the base.py file should be something like this:

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\html5lib\treebuilders\base.py

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Hey @NathanAtSafe; apologies, it's been a busy few weeks. I did rename that file, and the workspace ran successfully. I think I had seen that, but was hesitant to rename any Python files since I'm a Python novice and wasn't sure if it would break anything else. I guess that remains to be seen, but it does work! I'm assuming when I publish it to Server, I'll need to do something similar on the Python install on the server. If I run into any more issues I'll reach out. Thanks for your help!

Hey @NathanAtSafe; apologies, it's been a busy few weeks. I did rename that file, and the workspace ran successfully. I think I had seen that, but was hesitant to rename any Python files since I'm a Python novice and wasn't sure if it would break anything else. I guess that remains to be seen, but it does work! I'm assuming when I publish it to Server, I'll need to do something similar on the Python install on the server. If I run into any more issues I'll reach out. Thanks for your help!

Hi @jfisch25,

Thanks for the follow up. Yes, you'd need to do the same tweak on the ESRI Python library installed on your FME Server machine. Apologies for the less-than-ideal workaround. There's a mismatch between some internal Python libraries, and we have to get all the moving pieces to work together. Our Python team has been looking at this and I expect a fix to be released shortly - I'll keep you and this forum thread posted!

Best,

Nathan