Skip to main content
I'm having a frustrating hit-and-miss writing a handful of non-spatial feature types to sqlite non-spatial. Regular row-column tables, no relationship between the features or anything else. And sometimes it works, and sometimes one of the feature types will FAIL 
 SQLite 3 Writer: Failed to write to table `myFeatureTypeName' in the database. SQLite3 Engine error: `SQL logic error or missing database'

Removing the feature and then adding it manually will SOMETIMES fix the problem. And sometimes not... 

I've tried fiddling with the writer parameters (different modes of writing, No luck there. 

Finally, just now, I fiddled with the "Initialize Tables" - setting and changed it from FIRST FEATURE => IMMEDIATELY. 

This did the trick for me -- for the time being, at least. Hopefully this will make my problems go away for good. 

Anyone else having these kind of problems? Other sqlite / spatialLite hints and tricks I should know about? 

Oh, and running FME desktop 2014 Build 14235 win32. 

This sounds like a bug. @hektopascal -- can you send a workspace that exhibits this problem to the support team (via www.safe.com/support) and we'll take a look. I'd also suggest first trying the same workspace in FME 2015 or FME 2016 beta (download them via http://www.safe.com/downloads) to see if the problem is cured by now. I suspect it has to do with the column names perhaps, but we need to provide more clear feedback in such cases. Thanks.
If you do contact support, suggest they start by looking at PR#29410. It seems to be similar (the same error message) as what you are experiencing.

A potential workaround suggested is to put a FeatureHolder transformer into the workspace, just before the Writer feature type. I don't know if it will work, but it can't hurt to try (it won't affect the features themselves)

Here we are in 2017.1 and I am getting the same behaviour! If it is a bug it is taking a long time to fix. I hope it is just a configuration of the writer, but what should I change?

Here we are in 2017.1 and I am getting the same behaviour! If it is a bug it is taking a long time to fix. I hope it is just a configuration of the writer, but what should I change?

Well that PR is flagged as fixed in 2017.0 (build 17129 or greater). If you're still getting the error message then first of all make sure to update all your readers/writers in FME. In 2017.1 you should be able to right-click a writer in the Navigator window and use the Update option. Otherwise just delete and re-add the readers/writers.

If you've updated your writers and the problem still occurs, then I'd say file a case with the support team. It must be a different cause to the one that got fixed.