Solved

problem reading WFS 2.0

• 17 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

WFS 2.0 services are available on the Geoportal Baden-Württemberg. It is not possible for me to view/download the contents of the objects (BP_Plan) with the WFS Reader using FME 2023.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Example:
https://geodienste.komm.one/ows/services/org.165.d5516855-2ef7-4512-92f7-68d208f6f722_wfs/org.165.15f5882e-891a-4ce4-b2fc-000a45978e11?SERVICE=WFS&Request=GetCapabilities

icon

Best answer by siggis 17 April 2024, 14:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Not sure, but I can’t get it to work with QGIS either.

Badge +1

I believe that QGIS does not support WFS 2.0 as standard. 
You need an extra plugin in QGIS for this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I’m no expert, but in the settings it looks like it does support it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

I believe QGis does support WFS 2.0:

Would be very strange if it detects 2.0 but does not implement it.

Could be some functions that the WFS service is using are not implemented by QGis, but that could be the same issue with FME.

In FME the service responds with the following:

<ows:ExceptionText>Error performing query: No value specified for parameter 2.

Badge +1

Sorry, I expressed myself a little incorrectly.
Someone from another community said that a "Complex XML" must be supported in QGIS in order for this service to be displayed.

Unfortunately, I can't say more about QGIS as I don't work with QGIS.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

It could be that a ‘Complex XML’ must be supported in FME in order for this service to be displayed as well.

The other way would be to rebuild all the requests done by a WFS reader with HTTPCallers. And build the XML interpreter yourself.

Badge +1

Thanks for the tip
I have not yet considered this possibility. Sounds a bit complicated, but I'll try to build something like this. let's see if I can manage it

Badge +1

Hello
I have found the solution. The "search envelope" must be specified. The retrieval of the service requires it.
I entered this in FME and then the feature was returned to me. Without the search envelope I always get an error, but I don't know why it doesn't work without the search envelope.

Thanks to everyone who tried to solve the problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Thanks for updating with the solution.